If you’re on the fence about registering for the 2019 Famous Canadian Beer Run & Festival, it’s time to hop off! May 1st is our first price bump of 2019 and you can save a whopping $25 off full price entry into Toronto’s beer-iest 5K fun run! Need more convincing? Here are seven reasons to run this year:
1. THIS. COURSE. Run or walk, we don’t care, just get to the finish line – there’s beer for everyone! This stunning closed-to-traffic course through Ontario Place features views of Lake Ontario and Toronto’s city skyline (don’t forget to stop at the selfie station for a pic with the CN Tower in the background). The route is run on wide, paved paths and is mostly flat with a few short hills and a pedestrian bridge crossing. There is one water station on course. Cross the finish line and you’ll be bestowed with your very own Famous Canadian Beer Run stein, and two beers to get you started at the Craft Beer & Food Festival.
2. It’s all about the beer. Craft beer, that is. Enjoy your favourites or sample something new from some of Ontario’s finest craft brewers.
3. Cider, too. Don’t like beer? We don’t discriminate! We’ve got cider and vodka cocktails on hand for those who prefer something other than a cerveza. Just turn in your tokens for a beverage of your choice – or sample a variety.
4. Did we mention the FOOD TRUCKS? Wash down your beer with snacks or a meal from some of Toronto’s most in-demand food trucks! British hand-pies, empanadas, gourmet burgers and other delicacies are on hand to satisfy every runner – not to mention free race fare at the finish line.
5. All-day party. Come for the run, stay for the party! The Festival kicks off at 11 a.m. and we’re open until 5 p.m. for a full day of partying at Ontario Place! Live music on the main stage, Muskoka chairs at the water’s edge, free massages, vendors and thousands of like-minded folks enjoying cold beer = one epic afternoon. Bring your friends and make a day of it!
6. Plan you day just how you like it! There are five wave start times are available (every half hour starting at 10:30 a.m.) and each is limited to 500 participants, ensuring that there is plenty of room on the course for you to take in the scenery. Early riser? Join us for our popular 10:30 a.m. wave. Brunch then run? You can do that too with one of our later start times. The choice is yours!
7. Stay and play! Make it a weekend in Toronto. Coming from out of town? Enjoy local attractions, concerts, restaurants and more! Stay at Ontario Place to take in an IMAX movie or hit the neighbouring Budweiser Stage for a concert – the perfect way to cap off your summer!
Run day is Saturday, September 14, 2019. Register here.